Note: Job descriptions are guidelines that attempt to characterize major duties and
responsibilities of employees and are subject to changes as needed and programs change. At
the Humboldt Botanical Garden, they are not considered either inclusive or exclusive.
The HBGF Office Manager (OM) is the administrative point of contact for the Humboldt Botanical Garden. The OM organizes and coordinates the Garden’s office operations and procedures to insure administrative effectiveness and efficiency. The OM provides administrative support to the Board of Directors and works with and assists other Garden staff.
Communication between the OM and the Garden are vitally important to the success of business operations and customer service. The OM reports to the Board Chair.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Office Manager is the face of the Garden (Point of Contact) for HBGF customer service
with regard to membership questions, mailings, bills, vendors, service providers including
coordinating messages to and from the Garden for information about the Garden
2. Compile agenda, minutes, and reports for the board packet and distribute electronically on
the Friday before the monthly scheduled meeting
3. Compose and submit Office Administrator Report with each Board Packet
4. Collect HBG mail from Post Office and process
5. Order on-line and have delivered office supplies for office
6. Maintain and schedule service for office
7. Maintain password protection log and regularly provide an updated copy to the Board
President when changes occur
8. Filing and filing system: Retain hard copies and organize digital folders for easy retrieval of
9. Coordinate in a timely manner all mass mailings including labels, bulk mail procedures, and
10. Provide assistance for major Garden events (annual gala, plant sale, candlelight walk) –
Due to COVID-19: TBD