Want to help the Humboldt Botanical Garden grow? Become a Volunteer at HBG! Join our team of 286 Volunteers that work to create a beautiful botanical garden right here in Humboldt County. Gain knowledge, experience, friends and a deeper connection with Nature. Feel free to contact us with additional questions.
Current Volunteering Opportunities
- Gate Host Team: Check-in and greet visitors during open hours.
- Special Events: Music in the Garden, Garden Gala, Scarecrow Event
- Green Team: Meets Thursdays 10:00 AM-Noon
- Adopt-a-Bed: In the Lost Coast Brewery Native Plant Garden
- Wild Weeders: Meets Tuesdays 10:00 AM-Noon
- Grateful Deadheaders: Meets Tuesdays 10:00 AM-Noon
- Education Volunteers: Assist with Saturday Classes or the New Summer Day Camp
- Garden Weeding Assistance
- Office Assistance
- Data Entry
Information about volunteering is sent out periodically via the newsletter and weekly emails. Please contact the office at 442-5139 or email us to sign up to receive more information about volunteering, or sign up below. Click here for our brochure.
Whether you only have time to volunteer a few hours or would rather get involved in the nuts and bolts of a committee or event, there is a volunteer opportunity for you. Share your expertise, your passion or your inquisitive spirit.
Volunteering at the garden is a wonderful way to make friends and have a good time.
Please submit a volunteer questionnaire online by clicking here: Volunteer Questionnaire. You may also request a form at the Welcome Center entrance of the garden.