KEET KIDS at the Garden
HBG has partnered with KEET-TV to create a series of monthly classes at the Humboldt Botanical Garden. Classes meet from 10 am until noon on the second Thursday of every month. They are geared for children 2 – 8. Classes from this series are FREE.
- Based on the learning triangle. Workshops include viewing a segment of PBS Kid’s Programming, reading several short stories, and taking part in hands-on activities.
- Led by Jackie Hamilton from KEET-TV, workshops provide youth with critical reading and comprehension skills.
- Workshops are geared for children 2 – 8 y ears of age, but children of all ages are welcome.
- A sensory walk through the Garden will be part of each workshop
- Each family will take home a free book
January 12, 2017
Theme: Have You Seen the Sea?
February 9, 2017
Theme: What’s the Middle?
March 9, 2017
Theme: What’s That Sound?
April 13, 2017
Theme: Where Have You Been?
May 11, 2017
Theme: Another Year Older
June 8, 2017
Keep checking in! More classes, events and online activities are on their way!
If you have ideas for classes or are interested in teaching a class.