- Terry Kramer (Bayside, CA) – Terry joined the HBG as site manager in 2009. Terry is a trained horticulturist and journalist. Previously the former owner and operator of Jacoby Creek Nursery, she has been writing a garden column for the Times-Standard newspaper since 1982. Terry has an A.A. in Ornamental Horticulture from Diablo Valley College and a B.A. in Journalism from Humboldt State University. In addition to her passion for horticulture she is also a 1st Violinist in the Eureka Symphony and holds a faculty position with the Humboldt Music Academy.
- Ellie Potts (Eureka, CA) – Ellie has been working for the Humboldt Botanical Garden for about two years. She loves nature and the outdoors. She loves working with our visitors and our volunteers. While she isn’t working at the garden, she loves spending time with her three great kids and working in her yard.
- Katie Hall (Arcata, CA) – Katie Hall joined the gardens in May of this year after working nearly six years in the financial industry. She is thrilled to be working in the non-profit sector and looks forward to learning all she can about the garden. She will be working at our business office in Eureka and will be supporting the board and other staff in all aspects of daily operations, fundraising and community awareness. She was born and raised in Eureka and received a bachelor’s degree in Studio Art from Humboldt State University. Katie is well rooted in our community and has been a member of Soroptimist International of Eureka for the past 5 years and currently serves as the Board Secretary. As a mother of two young girls, Katie and her husband find themselves very busy during the school year so they are looking forward to a fun summer spent camping, traveling and enjoying the beautiful area that we live in.
Garden Curators (Volunteer)
- Mark Moore: Lost Coast Native Plant Garden – graduated from Humboldt State University in 1975 with a B.S. in Fisheries Biology and an M.S. in Natural Resource Management in 1980. He has a minor in botany and a lifelong interest in California native plants. He spent his career working as a biologist for the Department of Transportation in San Diego and Eureka from 1982 to 1996, and for the Department of Fish and Wildlife in Eureka as an Environmental Scientist from 1997 until retiring at the end of 2010. He has lived in Humboldt County for over 30 years.
- June and Tim Walsh: Co-Curators, Moss Family Temperate Woodland Garden
June Walsh has been involved with Humboldt Botanical Garden since 1991. The first Garden Tour and Tea visited the Walsh garden.
June is a University of California Extension Master Gardener.
Tim Walsh has been a member of HBG since the first meeting in 1991. He has been involved in the planning, design, planting and weeding of the Moss Family Temperate Woodland Garden from the beginning. Tim is a University of California Extension Master Gardener. He gives programs about Humboldt Botanical Garden and Rhododendrons.